OFFICIAL PACK 305 PINEWOOD DERBY RULES
It is important to read all rules before planning and building your Pinewood Derby car. The Pinewood Derby Car Kits are being provided to all Pack 305 scouts so only cars build from the kit will be allowed to race.
The Pinewood Derby is open to all Cub Scouts. Cars should be built by the Cub Scouts with some adult guidance and supervision. Any technical assistance should be fully explained to the Cub Scout so that he/she can use that knowledge on future projects.
· Width: – 2-3/4″
· Length – 7″
· Weight – Not over 5 Ounces
· Width between wheels – 1-3/4″
· Bottom clearance between can and track – 3/8″
1. Wheel bearings, washers, and bushings are prohibited.
2. The car shall not ride on springs.
3. Only official Cub Scout Grand Prix Pinewood Derby wheels and axles are permitted.
4. Only dry lubricant is permitted
5. Details, such as steering wheel and driver are permissible as long as these details do not exceed the maximum length, width and weight specifications.
6. The car must be free-wheeling, with no starting devices.
7. Each car must pass inspection by the official inspection committee before it may compete. If, at registration, a car does not pass inspection, the owner will be informed of the reason for failure, and will be given time within the official weigh-in time period to make the adjustment. After final approval, cars will not be re-inspected unless the car is damaged in handling or in a race.
8. The First Place, Second Place and Third Place winners will be determined by double elimination.